You probably have several hundred friends or connections on Facebook, Google +, Twitter, LinkedIn and other social network sites and communities online. Lets just suppose you have 800 “friends” on Facebook alone. This means you have about 2 or 3 birthdays to remember every single day… It can be a daunting task to try and keep track of all of the birthdays on your list, let alone send each person a birthday message on their special day.
Here is a process that might make things a little easier for you. This is what I do:
Once each week I log on to my Facebook account and I look to see all of my friends that are having Birthdays during that week. I do this every Sunday – Or sometimes I do this monthly.
Here is the process to see all of your “upcoming birthdays” on Facebook
1. click Events on the left side of your homepage.
2. In the top right you’ll see Birthdays This Week. Click See All to see all upcoming birthdays.
Once I have that list I pull up my Google Calendar and note the birthdays I want to remember.
You can also add Birthdays from your Gmail contacts to a Google Calendar
To add a calendar of birthdays go to Google Calendar:
- Select Settings | Calendar settings in Google Calendar.
- Go to the Calendars tab.
- Follow the Browse interesting calendars » link under Other Calendars.
- Open the More tab.
- Click Subscribe for Contacts’ birthdays and events.